Thursday, November 19, 2009

Walking the Wonderland

Spray Park


I hiked the 93-mile Wonderland Trail (WT) in Mt. Rainier National Park this September. Incredible and awesome are understatements. I had an 8 day permit and hiked counter-clockwise starting and ending at Longmire. The majority of hikers that I met were hiking the trail clockwise, but everyone gets in their 23,000 plus feet of elevation change no matter which way they go.

The hike was part personal celebration and part work project. Although my book contract for another Pocket Guide died on the production table, I can not fault the publisher. Disappointed, sure. But what I learned from the hike is to take it one step at a time. So now I'm working on some articles about hiking the WT.


Spray Falls


Fryingpan Creek


Ghost Cloud


Indian Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment