Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A New Year...

gray whale

...which means new opportunities, new dreams, new adventures. There is a story in every moment, every person, every event. The question is how to weave those bits into a tale, into an article, into a book. That is the path that I am traveling along this year. I will post pieces as they arise, in draft form or in final print. I'm working on articles about California quail, the Adopt-A-Lek program, a Major League Baseball player, my deceased dog, gray whales, and Dr. Benjamin Rush, one of the signors of the Declaration of Independence and the first American to publicly suggest that a Department of Peace be created in the United States in 1792. Interesting? I know so, even if I'm the only one in the audience.

Whale Watching Spoken Here
Here's to a bit of luck in all our adventures!

1 comment:

  1. You're not the only one in the audience, Damian! I look forward to your article on Dr. Rush and the Department of Peace.
    Happy New Year,
    VBG

    ReplyDelete