Thursday, February 25, 2010

Visiting Arches National Park

I recently gave a presentation at the REI Bend store about visiting Arches and Canyonlands National Parks. The program was in support of my latest, and smallest, field guide Arches and Canylands National Parks Pocket Guide. I covered some of the natural and cultural history aspects of the parks, as well as hiking, biking, jeeping, rafting, and camping opportunities. Fun to do, but talks like this always make me miss the canyon country.

Although it is fun to share past experiences with folks, I look forward to "new stories." Tales of adventures not yet taken. I always have the excuse that a trip to southern Utah is "work-related." I'm sure some of you have the same reason that takes you to exotic destinations or to undertake grand adventures all in the name of "work." Here's to good excuses! Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment