Thursday, February 4, 2010

Wax on...

Master Waxers - Team Coach Fitzsimmons
...wax off. Apologies to Mr. Kesuke Miyagi of the Karate Kid movies. A couple of days ago I attended a ski waxing clinic at the Bend REI store. There to learn more about waxes, but during the workshop I couldn't help to think there's an article here.

As a "weekend" nordic skier, it was apparent during the workshop that I neglect my skis way too much. Maybe the first person perspective is the way to go; I'll be the first to poke fun at myself. A lot of material there.

But the one tidbit I took home, and will hopefully turn into an article, is the use of all-temperature natural waxes out there on the market. Time to do some research and craft a query or two. Of course, that will have to wait until I get back from the snow....



No comments:

Post a Comment