Thursday, July 29, 2010

Canyon Country Wildflowers


Canyon Country Wildflowers

The wildflower display in southern Utah was incredible this year. Thanks to an El Nino fall and winter, the desert exploded with flowers. Some had not been seen for years, others just came on in abundance. Unfortunately, my Canyon Country Wildflowers field guide was unavailable from the Globe Pequot Press. Staff changes at GPP and the book entering the reprinting cycle resulted in copies not being available. Fortunately, the reprint process is underway and I'll be making changes and additions to the book. That being said, I don't know when the release date for the revised edition will be. But, I am crossing my fingers that there are a few more El Nino years ahead!

La Sal Mountains outside of Moab, Utah
Sego Lily - State Flower of Utah

No comments:

Post a Comment