Monday, November 1, 2010

November is ...

...NaNoWriMo. Say what? National Novel Writing Month. It is a nose-to-the-keyboard invitation to get one's story out. The goal is to write at least a 175-page, 50 thousand word novel. Procrastinators need not apply.

So where does that leave me? I'm a pro at crastinating. It's Use All Your Fingers On Your Keyboard Day, so I'm off and typing. Well, almost. I do have a working title, but I don't think that counts towards the word total: H.O.W.L. There it is. Hopefully with a streak of luck never before seen on this screen, in thirty days I'll be able to see that magical 50,000 under "word count." 

Check it - www.nanowrimo.org.  And like the over-hyped commerical says, "Just do it." Better brew up another batch of that Strictly Organic Italian Roast...

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the writing this month. Did I miss what H.O.W.L. stands for? Wish I had time to make the push to write a book myself. Perhaps next November...

    ReplyDelete